Monday, February 14, 2005

Vipassana

It's been REALLY strange being back in the US, I'm still getting over the culture shock. You wouldn't understand how even the simplest of things seem so utterly foreign now. I keep citing the example of what I did the day after I arrived -- staring at a floor for the better part of an hour. It was clean. I hadn't seen a clean wood floor for a long time, I think since at least September, and it just seems strange and interesting. Things like stop signs and driving on the right side of the road haven't gotten me in trouble, but I'm really starting to remember fully how annoying parking (and parking tickets) in SF is.

Anyway, In the morning I'm off to Olympia, Washington, where I'll visit my Mom and my oldest best friend Steve and his family, as well as doing a ten-day silent vipassana meditation retreat (so I won't be able to respond to email or calls the 16th through the 27th).

The current plan is to be back in the San Francisco bay area March 7 to find a job and a place to live. I know I can go back to work as a trainer easily (at least I can as soon as I get in a little bit better shape again), perhaps even go back in a fitness manager position. But I'm also interested in other management positions where I could leverage my broad entrepreneurial and technical backgrounds.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and is that the same one that steve23 is at?

i appreciate your range of choices. it is often very difficult to decide.

best of luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home